Church and Community Transformation has emerged as an integral part of our mission
In the last couple of years, Church and Community Transformation have emerged as one of the strongest pillars of the Pak Mission Society’s community development model. Aligned with the basics of integral mission and following the Church and Community Mobilization (CCM) framework, our programme has given voice to the minority Christian groups in the country, both individually and led by the local Church. Unfortunately, the local Church in Pakistan still lags in terms of capacity and performance mainly due to its conventional approached and marginalized civil status. CCM framework is focused on an open-ended and participatory process to motivate the church towards self-discovery, an appreciation of their context, and God bestowed potential.
At present, more than 12,500 local churches in over 40 countries are practicing community church mobilization, impacting more than 6,250,000 people (Tearfund Church and Community Transformation baseline survey, 2018).
- To enable the local church and other partners to transform the lives of the underprivileged through the provision of resources and strengthening their capacities.
- To inspire, equip, and mobilize youth to be the witness of Christ and play a positive role in the community’s holistic development.
- To enhance the organizational capacity of PMS through mobilizing resources and strengthening communication with major stakeholders.
- CATCH Nordic
- CATCH Tearfund
- Church and Community Mobilization (CCM)/Umoja
- Education-Economy-Ecumenical Approach
- Strengthening of 40 local churches by developing CCM structures in each Church.
- Umoja training workshops
- Training on church management and leadership development
- Field mission exposure trips
- Bible sports camps
- workshops on training need assessment for local pastors
- church sports seminars
- training sessions on church sports leadership
- Church and community development
- Strengthening the professional skills of 16 youth through an internship programme